Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lover's Quarrel (Work in Progress)

I conflict in your eyes
As your calming breezes
Tell me everything I want to hear
But never what I need
But never the less, I feed
Upon your words
And digest the feeling
That we will never be
As happy as the symphony
I compose at night
Entitiled "Dreams of We"

And through our silence
Our passions speak
As I kiss you gently with the lines
That make you weak
And you show me the signs
That I'm the one you seek
This is my "Lover's Quarrel"
Let me into your heart
And I will give you the world
Please your mind
Appreciate your body
Love your soul

But we will, for now, be star crossed
Trying to find something between us
That was never lost
I hold you on my tongue
In the form of poetry
A dialect that only you and I comprehend
And you look up at me
Hugging me intimately with your eyes
Laying down in front of me
As I paint the future
In our perfect language
Read by many
Interpreted by few
But still I conflict
Following the messages
From your heart
That your eyes
Massage my mind with
But still decieved by your actions

So here we are
Writing our romantic tale
Amongst the glowing eyes
Of our universe
Trying to resolve our hidden lover's quarrel
So I can hold you in my ink stained palms
And tell you
The words that'll make you
Mine...
Forever mine
Captured in the ink
Of a notebook that will always be incomplete

~Nova Faye~

No comments: